In the last few years the popularity of electric grills has skyrocketed. This popularity has led to the creation of a wide variety of different styles and types. Which one will work best for you depends on your needs, and the cost of the grilling components. Some electric grills are made to be used indoors or out, but they are not always as user friendly inside as they are outside. The type of cooking you are looking to perform with your new grill is also a big factor in determining which kind of grill is best suited for you. Here are some tips to help you choose the best electric grill for your needs:
* Kitchen size – The size of your kitchen will greatly affect the type of electric barbecue grill that will work best for you. There are three basic sizes: six, eight and ten inch cooking surfaces. Which one is the right one for you will depend on how much cooking you plan to do with it. A six inch surface would be perfect for small family dinners. A ten inch surface would be great for parties where several people will be using the grill at once.
* Charcoal vs. Gas – Most people assume that an electric grill is just like a charcoal grill. However, they are not all the same. An electric grill does not contain the same harmful chemicals as charcoal and gas grills do, and burns cleaner. Using an electric grill to grill vegetables is more healthy than using charcoal because the temperature is maintained better, and the time it takes to completely cook the food is half that of a charcoal grill.
* The Number of Watts Available – The number of watts (Watts) a grill has is an important feature to consider. The amount of watts determines the amount of cooking an electric grill can handle. The higher the wattage the more grilling can be handled without getting overheated. A high wattage grill should have high heat settings so that very hot and tasty grilled food is created.
* Temperature Control – An electric barbecue allows users to set the desired temperature for their grilled food. Meats should be cooked to internal temperatures or to grill temperature, which is a couple of degrees lower than the internal temperature. Grilled food tastes better when it is heated to the correct degree. Some electric bbq allow users to change the heat settings throughout the grilling process to keep foods from getting too hot or too cold.
* Easy Cleaning – The cleaning process for a mini chef electric barbecue grill is relatively easy. It only needs to be wiped down and washed with a damp cloth. It is much easier than the charcoal or gas barbecues and is far less toxic.
* Lid Protection – Lid heaters are not effective for keeping charcoal or gas grills hot. In order to get an even cooking surface on these types of grill, you need a ventilation system. Electric BBQ grills do not require a ventilation system as they do not produce smoke nor do they spit flames across the cooking area. The good thing about an electric grill is that the lid does not need to be removed to refuel the batteries. This feature saves time in the kitchen and is much more efficient.
* Easy Cleaning – Some of the electric grills come equipped with soap dishes that can clean up easily. This feature will help reduce grease and heat build-up. Cleaning dishes is simple. All you have to do is rinse and wipe the dish with a sponge dipped in detergent. You can also use a dishcloth to clean up after cooking.