When it comes to commercial grade blenders, there are literally thousands to choose from! This makes finding the best for your own business or for that of your employees a challenge. To help you decide which one is right for you, we have compiled a quick guide that highlights our top recommended blenders.
* Speed – The best commercial blender will be rated by the cubic feet per minute (CPM) of its motor, which is simply the moving force in which the machine is able to whip up a bowl of ingredients. The best machines for blending have high CPM. The more horsepower that a machine has, the faster its motor can move; and the more powerful the motor, the faster the mixing process will be. There is a trade off here, however, as having a very powerful motor means that your machine will be noisy while it is running, which may not be a problem in some circumstances such as mixing small batches. If, however, you are mixing large amounts of ingredients, it is often better to choose a quieter model.
* Portability – Blenders that are lightweight and compact tend to be the best commercial blender brands. Most blenders can be bought with travel cases, which make them easy to store and transport to work or other locations. Some even come with wheels so you can easily move them from place to place if you are having them delivered to your office. Choose a blender that will fit into your work space easily. If it will take up too much space or will be a hindrance when trying to work, then stick with blenders with smaller models.
* Warranty and Service Options – If you want the best quality, you also need to get the best customer service and warranty options. Good warranties and service options should include a full three-year warranty on the motor and an additional year for the blade. When looking for a new blender, it is a good idea to find one with at least a three-year warranty on the motor and a year warranty on the blades. You should also expect to receive technical support from the supplier or the company that manufactured the product. This is particularly important for the best commercial blender brands like the KitchenAid and Bissell brand blenders.
* Highest Maximum Speed Capability – Blenders vary in speed, which is determined by the power of the motor and the size and design of the blades. Higher horsepower blenders can mix larger batches and perform at greater efficiency than low horsepower ones. The highest maximum speed capabilities will make a significant difference when blending large quantities of smoothies, or when you need the fastest possible mixing of sauces and dressings for your business or personal use.
* Lifespan – A long-lasting blender offers great portability and can easily be moved from one place to another. However, a long lifespan may also be important if you do not wish to replace the machine as often as other types of kitchen appliances, such as food processors and dishwashers. Check the rated life of the blender, and pay attention to the lifetime warranty. The longer the warranty, the better quality you are getting.
* Mixing abilities – There are many different blenders available, so it is a good idea to consider the mixing abilities before making a decision. Blenders can be used to make everything from traditional whipped creams to ice cream, sorbet, and even shakes and smoothies. Check out the speed and power of the attachments, as well as the smoothness of the final product. In general, the best commercial blenders have speed controls that can be fine-tuned for a variety of mixing needs. They should also have strong motors that can mix several batches in a short period of time.
* Warranty – The cost of commercial grade products goes up considerably, so be sure to get a high warranty. Some blenders offer up to 10 years of manufacturer warranty coverage, and these are the best. Look at the warranty coverage and compare it to the price. Also, look for a good warranty that will cover all manufacturing defects and all damages. If there are no such warranties, check out the cost of shipping. Even a few dollars more per year in shipping costs can be a huge difference in the long-term viability of your blender vitamix.